Phil Longwell conducted a survery in 2017 on mental health in ELT and presented his results at IATEFL 2018.
Here is the blurb for the session:
- Is it ever right to disclose a diagnosed mental health condition up front in an interview or having been hired for a job in language teaching?
- What kinds of factors are a cause of stress for language teachers?
- How confident do you feel at recognising symptoms of poor mental health in those teachers?
- How can a manager support a language teacher without specific training?
- In what ways can an institution support the mental health and wellbeing of its employees?
NOTE: you can enter the webinar with a different name if you wish to remain anonymous (due to the nature of the discussion)
Saturday, July 7, 2018 4:00:00 PM CEST